Lead Magnet Definition
– noun –
1. An irresistible bribe offering a specific chunk of value to a prospect in
exchange for their contact information. Source: digitalmarketer.com
Lead magnets are a great way to grow your list and build your tribe. But, more often than not, businesses are getting their lead magnet wrong.
Why? Because they haven’t really thought out the three most vital components.
Lead Magnets address a 1) specific problem, with a 2) qualified solution to a 3) targeted segment of your market.
Value Isn’t Vague: Create and Deliver on One Big Promise
Create a vague offer to a wide, generalized audience supported by content that may or may not address a common or pressing problem, and you’ve just completed an exercise in futility.
Worse yet, fail to deliver on your promised value and your potential customer may never trust you again. Done correctly, lead magnets can be easy to create and will deliver the results you were banking on and more.
Only A Lead Magnet That’s Consumed Qualifies As Successful
- Know exactly who your target audience is and how your free content will help them.
- A quality lead magnet delivers value quickly – within five to ten minutes.
- High Perceived Value. Free doesn’t mean you can skimp with cheap. Great imagery, graphics, and a professional layout bring instant value to the mind.
Tip: If you have a new web course launching, or an in-depth ebook to pitch, make your lead magnet something that introduces the subject matter and offers some great introductory tips for free. Within your free content, you can include a CTA (Call to Action) that pitches learning more about your full series, service, or ebook.
To create a specific CTA and landing page for your full series or eBook, give us a call. We’ll guide you through some amazing ideas!
Great Lead Magnets to Consider:
- How-To Guides
- Industry Reports
- Cheat Sheets (example: Top Graphic Sizes for Social Media)
- Check Lists and Assessment Tools/Resources (example: Time Management Tool or Financial Calculator)
- Discounts & Special Invitations
Don’t Forget Video
If the content you create can be done via video, you’ll score double points by delivering within a media that’s fast and preferred in many cases. Rather than content someone would download, simply deliver a link to a landing page that features your great video content.
Tip: Provide a PDF of the transcript for added value!
Turn Your Ideas Into Action Today!
Need some great lead magnet ideas to expand your customer base?
Our design and marketing team is a phone call away.